This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
If you're on a low-carb or keto diet, finding satisfying breakfast options can be a challenge. That's where these Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites come in! Packed with flavor and easy to make ahead of time, they're a great choice for busy mornings or lazy weekends.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you're on a low-carb or keto diet, finding satisfying and delicious breakfast options can be a challenge. That's why Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites are the perfect solution! These tasty bites are low-carb and keto-friendly, and they're easy to make using only a few simple ingredients.
As I have said on many an occasion, my kids and I love our Mexican food, and when they were growing up breakfast burritos were a common, and most welcome, dish at our breakfast table. Many times they consisted of eggs, cheese, and whatever meat was leftover from the previous night's dinner. It was the one way I could get leftovers into my kids!
However, one of their favorite burritos was ham and cheese. Sometimes with salsa, sometimes with ketchup (hellooooo to my daughter), but as long as it was packed full of tons of ham and gooey cheese they were happy campers.
Then I thought about my grandkiddos, and what would they like. What do all kids like?
I also thought about the people that have kids to get out the door in the morning as they are scrambling to get themselves ready to go. So I figured a make-ahead/meal prep option would be great as well.
Recipes like this Make Ahead Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole and Make Ahead Waffle Casserole are super popular on the blog as well as these Mini Keto Pancake Bites and even making and freezing patties with my Keto Country Sausage.
So that is where this recipe was born from.
We all love it, from Grandpa all the way down to the littlest kiddo, and I hope you will too!
- 🥘Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites Ingredients
- 🔪Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites Instructions
- 💭Top tip
- FAQ about Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
- More Keto & Low Carb Easy Breakfast Recipes
- What to serve with Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
- Keto Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
- Food safety
🥘Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites.
- Ham - If I don't have leftover ham I grab the packaged ham and cut it myself to save money. You could also use a ham steak and chop that.
- Leftover Vegetables - This is optional but a great way to sneak some veggies into the kids while also using up leftovers. You can omit them if you want.
- Cheese - To save a few carbs and some money, you can shred a block of Colby jack cheese, but the bagged Mexican blend is fine too.
- Tortillas - These are the only keto tortillas that I have found that match regular flour tortillas. I cannot guarantee any other tortillas will work.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and press a tortilla triangle into each space to create a tortilla "cup".
- Combine the eggs, milk, mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Split the ham and veggies between the tortilla cups, pour the egg mixture over, and then top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until the egg is cooked through.
Hint: to use these Keto Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites as meal prep you can freeze them before baking them for up to 4 months, or after for 2 to 3 months. See the FAQ section for instructions on how to cook them after freezing.
- Ham - instead of ham you can use bacon, sausage, or even chorizo.
- Vegetables - I used leftover cooked peppers but you can use whatever leftover veggies you have or omit them.
- Cheese - I used Colby jack cheese but you can use whatever cheese your family prefers.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites:
If you are shredding your own cheese I suggest a grater that catches the cheese like this one, or one that is easier on your hands like this one. You can cut your tortillas into triangle with a good chef's knife or a sharp pizza cutter. You will need a regular muffin pan like this. I use a kitchen mister to spray the olive or avocado oil. You will also need a large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and a whisk.
Store any leftover Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
These burrito bites will freeze well for up to 3 months.
Have some leftovers? You can freeze them for another day by placing them upright in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pop them into the freezer for a bit, then place them in a gallon ziplock bag, and back in the freezer they go. To eat, just remove the desired amount from the bag, wrap each one in a paper towel, and place it on a plate. Microwave them individually for 1 to 2 minutes, or until warm.
FAQ about Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
Yes, they just will not be low-carb so they won't be suitable for a keto diet.
If you are looking for something to have in the fridge that is quick to grab and heat up in the microwave for the kids, just place the cooked burrito bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also reheat them in the oven if you want the tortilla to be crispy.
If you are looking for something to make at a later date you can place the precooked burrito bites in the freezer. Once they are frozen you can pop them into a ziplock bag and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When it is time to bake them you can place them in a preheated oven and bake them for about 35 to 40 minutes.
More Keto & Low Carb Easy Breakfast Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you are looking for more Mexican-inspired ideas give these Keto Breakfast Enchiladas, Baked Eggs with Salsa, or these Keto Churro Waffles a try. If you have an Instant Pot this Crustless Quiche Lorraine or this Caprese Frittata are tasty.
What to serve with Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites:
You can't go wrong serving this Low Carb Mixed Berry Salad alongside any breakfast entre. Other delicious ideas would be Easy Avocado & Tomato Salad, Cheesy Cauliflower Hash Browns, or a Keto Berry Smoothie.
Keto Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the muffin pan with olive or avocado oil.
- Microwave the tortillas for a few seconds to get them pliable and then press 1 to 2 of the tortilla quarters into the bottom of each space in the miffin pan to create a tortilla "cup".
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
- Split the ham and diced peppers between the tortilla cups, pour egg mixture over the,, then top with 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Uncover for the last couple of minutes if you would like the tortilla edges crispy.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.