This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Dive into flavor with our keto Buffalo Chicken Dip aka Chicken Crack! This easy-to-make recipe brings everything you love about Buffalo wings into an irresistibly cheesy, low-carb dip. Elevate your snacking game with this addictive treat that you simply can't resist. Say goodbye to ordinary and hello to extraordinary with each savory bite!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Ring in the New Year with Buffalo Chicken Dip aka Chicken Crack: Your Go-To Keto Appetizer! 🎉🍗
The countdown to the New Year is on, and if you're planning a low-key celebration like ours (pajamas, football, and all the yummy food), you'll want some incredible keto-friendly appetizers in the lineup. Despite the Mr's plea for simplicity, I'm all about bringing the flavor—because why not?
But let's talk about the star of the show: Buffalo Chicken Dip aka Chicken Crack. Why the name? Well, once you start, you won't be able to stop. Seriously, this stuff is addictive! Just ask my family, friends, neighbors, and, of course, the photographer and their kids—they're all hooked.
The first time I made it, I underestimated its popularity. A small batch disappeared faster than I could say touchdown! Lesson learned—I double the batch every time now. Trust me; this dip is a crowd-pleaser.
Planning your New Year's menu? Dive into this delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip aka Chicken Crack! Let me know what is on your menu, I'm always excited to hear what you're nibbling on! Share your celebrations with us on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKitchen for a chance to end up in our newsletter! 📸
🥘Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Shredded Chicken - I use this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken, or I grab a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Ranch Dressing - I prefer this homemade Ranch dressing for flavor as well as minimal ingredients.
- Shredded Cheese - I use freshly grated Colby Jack or Mild Cheddar. Using freshly grated cheese from the block ensures a smooth sauce and no hidden carbs.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Buffalo Chicken Dip Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Buffalo Chicken Dip. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Place the cream cheese, ranch dressing, wing sauce, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, and the cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl.
Spoon into a cast iron skillet or baking dish, then top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 20, or until the cheese is bubbly. Top with blue cheese crumbles and chopped parsley.
Helpful Hint: 💡: To make your Buffalo Chicken Dip extra creamy, ensure the cream cheese is perfectly softened at room temperature. This will make the mixing process smoother and result in a lusciously velvety texture.
- Ranch Dressing - You can use store-bought ranch dressing if you're short on time or prefer the convenience.
- Cheese - Swap Colby Jack with cheddar, pepper jack, or your favorite cheese blend for a different flavor profile.
- Chicken - Opt for shredded rotisserie chicken for a quick and easy alternative.
- Spicy Jalapeño Kick - Add diced pickled jalapeños or mix in some hot pepper flakes for an extra spicy twist.
- Bacon Bliss - Incorporate crispy bacon bits into the mix for a smoky, savory enhancement.
- Loaded Veggie Delight - Toss in diced bell peppers, green onions, or tomatoes for a colorful and crunchy veggie-filled version.
This is the equipment you will need to make Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Short-Term: Store any leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Gently reheat in the microwave or oven until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Before Baking: If you plan to freeze the dip before baking, assemble it in a freezer-safe dish without baking. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Label with the date and contents.
- Storage Duration: For optimal quality, freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- Baking from Frozen: When ready to enjoy, bake the frozen dip in a preheated oven. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Note: The texture of dairy-based dips like this one may slightly change after freezing, so it's best enjoyed when freshly made or refrigerated.
For a flavor-packed punch, try using a variety of hot wing sauces. Experiment with different brands or spice levels to tailor the heat to your liking. Mixing mild and spicy sauces can add layers of flavor, creating an even more irresistible Chicken Crack experience!
FAQ about Buffalo Chicken Dip
Absolutely! Set your slow cooker to low, combine the ingredients, and cook for about 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yes! Adjust the spice level by modifying the amount of hot wing sauce. For an extra kick, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or your preferred hot sauce.
Certainly! If you're not a fan of blue cheese, you can use shredded mozzarella, a sharp cheddar, or just omit it altogether.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Low Carb Texas Trash Dip
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Mini Quiche
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo Chicken Dip aka Chicken Crack
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, wing sauce, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, and the cooked chicken.
- Spoon into a cast iron skillet or baking dish, then top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20, or until the cheese is bubbly. Top with the blue cheese crumbles and chopped parsley.
- Serve with carrots and celery sticks, keto chips or crackers.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.