This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers are made with superfine almond flour and cheese, then baked to crunchy perfection! With only 3 main ingredients, they are an easy low carb way to enjoy your favorite cheesy cracker snack!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
These Keto Smoked Cheddar Cheez-It Crackers are the answer to one of the first questions you ask when you start keto, what can I snack on if I am low carb?
Can I have crackers on keto?
What can I eat on the keto diet if I have the "munchies"?
I know from experience that a munchie attack and be deadly to your diet if you don't have something low carb on hand to satisfy it.
Couple that with living with someone that is not on keto.
Ya, I have things like Ritz crackers and Cheez-Its lurking in my cabinets are all times. So it makes for a recipe for disaster if I don't plan ahead.
Cheez-Its are a weakness of mine.
Before I went keto I could put a hurting on a box of those bad boys! But, a serving of regular Cheez-Its clocks in at 24 grams of carbs!
If you eat the same amount of these Keto Smoked Cheddar Cheez-it Crackers you will clock in at about 4 grams of net carbs.
WOW, what a difference right?
And I can tell you that I have never eaten 27 of these crackers (a serving of regular Cheez-Its) at once sitting.
I grab a handful, maybe 8 to 10, and I am good to go. So that would clock in at about 1 net carb!!
So, I can quiet the munchie demon AND not blow my macros for the day.
That, my friends, makes me a very happy girl!
Side note, even the non-keto Mr loves these Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers.
These are the ingredients necessary to make Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers.
- Wholesome Yum Foods SuperfineAlmond Flour
- Cheese cheddar cheese (See notes for a dairy-free option)
- Smoked paprika
- Coarse salt
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the almond flour, shredded cheese, paprika, and salt, and blend well, until it forms a smooth dough.
Transfer the dough onto the parchment paper.
Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough. Press the dough down with your hands before rolling it out with a rolling pin, until it is about 1/4 inch in thickness.
Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares to form crackers.
- Cheese - feel free to use whatever cheese you prefer. Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and Smoked Gouda are all great choices.
- Dairy-Free - to make this dairy-free replace the cheese with 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Seasoning - you can use whatever seasoning you prefer in these crackers. I have used Italian seasoning, Mexican seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and more.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers; measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, a food processor, a rolling pin, a pizza cutter, and a baking sheet.
Store the Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers in an airtight container.
At room temperature, they should last for about two weeks.
If you refrigerate them, they will last for up to four weeks.
And if you freeze them, they will last for up to six months.
FAQ about Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers
If you look above, my dough was a bit crumbly at first. Some cheeses have less moisture than others. If you have processed all of the ingredients together and your dough is crumbly try adding some water, a tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Also, make sure you are using superfine blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
Yes! Mozzarella, gouda, pepperjack, the sky is the limit. Try smoked cheese for a double smokey flavor!
This can happen, especially if you store them in the refrigerator. Just place them in a layer on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for about 5 minutes or so.
More Keto & Low Carb Snack Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Keto Garlic & Herb Crackers
- Keto Candied Pecans
- Baked Brussels Sprout Chips
- Crispy Keto Chaffle Chips
- Low Carb Pecan Cheddar Crackers
- Keto "Popcorn"
Keto Smoked Cheddar "Cheez-It" Crackers
- 1 cup Wholesome Yum Superfine Almond Flour
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded (1 cup) *See notes for Dairy-Free option
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coarse salt plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp water * See notes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the almond flour, shredded cheese, paprika, and salt, and blend well, until it forms a smooth dough. If the dough is too crumbly, add water a tablespoon at a time.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large cutting board, or your kitchen counter.
- Transfer the dough onto the parchment paper, then place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough. Press the dough down with your hands before rolling it out with a rolling pin, until it is about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares to form crackers.
- Transfer the crackers onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with more salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store crackers in an airtight container.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These taste so good I have to make another batch for the rest of the family. I already placed my first batch in individual bags so as not to over eat them which is very easily done.
Bobbi | Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
Yay, I am so glad you like them. I know they can kinda be like cheddar crack so the individual bags is an awesome idea!!
Just made these and they were supper yummy! Thank you for the great recipe ??
I found that if you have your baking paper the same size as your baking tray then there is no need to transfer the crackers. Simply put the paper with cut crackers onto tray and bake. Saves paper, and time.