This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff with Port Wine
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® brand stew beef
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup port wine (I used a tawny port)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Cooked egg noodles
- Toss beef in a large bowl, with salt, pepper, and flour until well coated.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and the meat to brown in batches. Don't overcrowd the skillet. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker, along with any flour that remains in the bowl.
- Deglaze skillet with the beef stock and port, making sure to scrape up all of the browned bits of meat from the bottom of the skillet. Next, add the dijon mustard and Worcestershire. Pour into the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet add butter, sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add the thyme, paprika, and salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high 4 to 5 hours.
- When there are 20 minutes left on the cooking time, add the cream cheese and replace the lid to allow it to melt.
- Stir cream cheese into the sauce and then the sour cream and parsley. Replace lid and cook on low for a few more minutes until heated through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Slow Cooker Beef on Rice
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.