This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Elote (Mexican Street Corn) Pasta Salad
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 4 ear of corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Red chile powder to taste (I used 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with vegetable oil.
- Grill, turning frequently, until slightly charred on all sides. Allow to cool.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomato, bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cilantro, corn, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, chile powder, and lime juice.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: pasta, tomato, red bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, cheese, cilantro, Greek yogurt, lime, salad