This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Indulge in the fiesta of flavors with our Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad. Baby corn, juicy tomatoes, and fresh cucumber mingle in a zesty embrace of lime-kissed keto mayo, Mexican crema, and the bold kick of Tajin. Topped with cotija cheese and cilantro, this salad is a celebration of taste without the carbs. Perfect for picnics, BBQs, or a side that adds a punch to any meal. Try this low-carb sensation today!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
🌽 Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad 🥗 - A Corn Lover's Keto Dream!
When I jumped on the keto bandwagon a few years back, bidding farewell to corn was one tough goodbye. Corn, in all its glorious forms, held a special place in my heart. But the quest for weight loss and better health demanded sacrifices, so corn had to take a back seat.
Yet, the craving lingered—a relentless urge that led me to consult the oracle of Google.
"Can you eat Mexican street corn on the keto diet?"
The resounding answer? A resolute NOPE! "Because corn is a grain, this recipe is not suitable for strict keto diets," they said.
Fast forward to a year ago, a pivotal moment when I uncovered a keto secret: baby corn. With fewer carbs than its fully grown counterpart, baby corn emerged as my low-carb savior. I'm talking game-changer level.
Enter the scene: a Keto Mexican Street Corn Salad recipe from This Mom's Menu. It sparked a lightbulb moment. What if I could not only relish that street corn flavor but also infuse it with a burst of freshness? Enter tomatoes and cucumbers, my vegetable comrades. Sure, they nudged up the carb count, but oh, the flavor payoff! Trust me; it's worth every carb.
Now, I may have thought I knew street corn growing up in Southern California. That is until I took a vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Grilled corn from a street vendor in the heart of Mexico—mind-blowing! I yearn to cram that authentic flavor into this salad for you.
Alas, my corn-loving, low-carb tummy is content with the flavorful dance I've orchestrated in this salad. It might not be Puerto Vallarta, but it sure brings a fiesta of keto-friendly flavors. Give it a whirl and let your taste buds do the salsa! 💃🌽
🍽️✨ Don't forget to share your delightful creations with us on Instagram using #BobbisKozyKitchen for a chance to be featured in our newsletter! 📸
🥘Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad.
- Baby Corn - This is the key ingredient so grab the best quality you can.
- Mexican Crema - I prefer Mexican crema over sour cream for this recipe. Mexican crema is thinner and has a slightly tangy flavor, while sour cream is thicker and has a more pronounced tanginess.
- Tajin - This is another important ingredient. It is also wonderful on fresh fruit like watermelon.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
In a large bowl, combine the baby corn, tomato, and cucumber and season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, crema, lime zest and juice, cotija, cilantro, chili powder, and Tajin.
Top the corn, zucchini, and tomatoes with the mayo mixture.
Stir to combine.
Helpful Hint: 💡: When dicing the canned baby corn for your Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad, aim for bite-sized kernels that allow for an even distribution of flavors. A uniform size ensures each spoonful captures the perfect medley of textures, making every bite a delight.
This is the equipment you will need to make Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad.
- Refrigeration: Store any leftover Low-carb Mexican Street Corn Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This helps maintain its freshness and prevents the vegetables from becoming soggy.
- Consume Promptly: For optimal taste and texture, try to consume the salad within 1-2 days. While eating beyond this timeframe may still be safe, the vegetables may become soggy.
- Rejuvenate if Needed: If the salad seems a bit dull the next day, you can freshen it up by adding a splash of lime juice and topping with more Tajin.
By following these storage tips, you'll ensure your Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad stays delicious and satisfying for as long as possible!
To achieve the best flavor, try to allow the Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
FAQ about Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad
I make sure to rinse and drain the baby corn very well before chopping it. Between that, and the dressing and seasonings added I have not had that issue.
Yes, you can sub Queso Fresco, Feta cheese, or even Parmesan if need be.
Absolutely! Tajin is the classic flavor for street corn.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Mexican Roasted Zucchini
- Salsa Fresca (Restaurant-Style Salsa)
- Avocado Free Guacamole
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad:
- Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Grilled Mexican-Style Surf & Turf
- Keto Smash Burger (Big Mac) Tacos
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Low Carb Beef Enchilada Rollups
Low Carb Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 30 ounces canned baby corn rinsed and diced to the size of corn kernels
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 medium English cucumber diced
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup keto mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
- 1 lime zested plus 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (plus additional for serving) grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 tsp Tajin plus more for serving
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the baby corn, tomato, and cucumber and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, crema, lime zest and juice, cotija, cilantro, chili powder, and Tajin.
- Transfer the mayo mixture to the large bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with additional chili lime seasoning, cotija cheese, and cilantro as well as a lime wedge if desired.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.