This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Keto Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce marries delicious, grilled chicken thighs marinated in lime juice, honey, and spices with a finger-licking, slightly spicy peanut sauce for a healthy, sugar-free, and low carb meal you will love.
One of my favorite cuisines is Asian. Anything from Chinese, to Japanese, to Philipino, to Thai, etc. Just give me all of that Asian goodness!
But when I went low carb I was so bummed to find that many Asian recipes are just way too high in carbs to be included. I can't tell you how many searches I did to find out what I could and couldn't have. So, when I typed in
Is Thai food keto?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN SATAY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
- No sugar added creamy peanut butter (homemade or store-bought)
- Fish sauce (or this vegetable-based sauce)
- Sriracha sauce
- Wholesome Yum Keto Honey
To make the marinade, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, keto honey, tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Last thoughts about Keto Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Spicy Peanut Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Greek Salad
- Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
- Sweet Tea Brined Chicken
- Keto Balsamic Chicken
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce (Keto)
For the satay
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or this vegetable-based sauce)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice plus the zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons Tamari (can use coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Wholesome Yum keto honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated (can use ginger paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch strips
- Wooden skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
- Avocado or olive oil
For the peanut sauce
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- To make the marinade, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, keto honey, tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade into a zipper bag and add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken in the marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator so that the chicken is covered in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the grill, or a grill pan, over medium heat. Divide the chicken evenly onto the four skewers.
- Oil the grill and place the skewers on the grill, turning occasionally until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is grilling, combine the peanut butter, fish sauce, sriracha, lime juice, and keto honey in a small bowl. Serve alongside the chicken skewers for dipping.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.