This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
This sugar-free and keto Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Ham recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. Perfect for a holiday spread, or a family dinner, the ham comes out juicy and tender every time. I guarantee this recipe will have your dinner guests coming back for more!
Are you still looking for more keto and low carb pork recipes? Give this Keto Apricot Bourbon Glazed Ham or this Bacon Wrapped Honey Mustard Pork Loin a try!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
MORE KETO & LOW CARB PORK RECIPES
Pork Tenderloin with Herb Mustard Sauce | Sheet Pan Bacon Wrapped BBQ Pork Tenderloin
Do you know what kind of recipes are my favorites?
Oh yes, of course, the ones that taste delicious but that is a gimme, right? Who wants food that doesn't taste good?
No, my hands-down favorite recipes are the ones that you guys request over and over again.
The easy to make, with a handful of ingredients, or just using one pot or pan, or ready in under 30 minutes.
Well, this recipe fills 2 of those 3 categories.
It has only 5 ingredients and is made completely in the slow cooker!
It’s perfect for holidays like Easter and Christmas, but also simple enough to make on a busy weekday!
With this recipe, you spend a few minutes at lunch preparing everything and you will have a delicious dinner ready in just a few hours!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER MAPLE MUSTARD HAM
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- bone-in spiral-sliced ham
- chicken bone broth
- Dijon mustard
- Wholesome Yum keto maple syrup
- Besti brown sweetener
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER MAPLE MUSTARD HAM
Please see the recipe card below for the complete recipe, including measurements and cooking time!
Using a 6-7 quart slow cooker, place ham flat side down inside.
Pour the chicken bone broth into the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a bowl, whisk together the mustard and maple syrup. Pour over the top of the ham, making sure to get all sides. Sprinkle the brown sugar all over the ham.
Cover tightly (if your lid won’t fit, wrap tightly with aluminum foil) and cook on low 4-5 hours, basting once or twice during the last hour.
Remove from the slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Reserve the juices to make gravy or use them as an au jus.
FAQS ABOUT SLOW COOKER MAPLE MUSTARD HAM
What if my ham is too big for my slow cooker so I can't get the lid on it?
If you look at the photos in the "How to Make" section above you will see that this can be an issue but no worries, just wrap tin foil around the top and crimp it tightly to the edge of the slow cooker. If you want to make double sure the heat stays in you can also wrap a towel around the tin foil.
How do I make ham gravy with the au jus?
The easiest way to make gravy with the dripping is to strain out the liquid left in the slow cooker into a saucepot. Bring it to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer. Sprinkle in some xanthan gum (1 would use 1/2 to start with and then add an additional 1/2 teaspoon if you prefer thicker gravy).
How should I store the leftover ham?
Place the ham in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or you can freeze it for 2 to 3 months.
Why we love this Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Ham
- If you are looking for an easy recipe for entertaining or just a delicious meal for your family that doesn't take forever to make, it doesn't get better than this recipe. It is literally a hands-off, down-and-dirty, on-the-table-with-no-sweat meal!
- This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients that we all have!
- It is a one-pot/one-pan meal. No dirtying of a thousand dishes and post sand pans, so clean-up is a breeze!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SLOW COOKER MAPLE MUSTARD HAM
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Turnips au Gratin
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Brussels Sprouts
- Loaded Broccoli Salad
- Hasselback Zucchini
- Low Carb Brown Sugar Chile Roasted Acorn Squash
MORE KETO AND LOW CARB RECIPE IDEAS FOR LEFTOVER HAM
- Keto Cheesy Ham Chowder
- Jalapeno Ham Salad
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Burrito Bites
- Keto Ham and Cheese Bites
- Leftover Ham Casserole
- Broccoli and Ham Crustless Quiche
Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Ham (Keto & Sugar-Free)
- 1 5 to 7 pound bone-in spiral-sliced ham
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Besti Brown Sweetener
- Using a 6-7 quart slow cooker, place ham flat side down inside.
- Pour the chicken bone broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard and maple syrup. Pour over the top of the ham, making sure to get all sides. Sprinkle the brown sugar all over the ham.
- Cover tightly (if your lid won’t fit, wrap tightly with aluminum foil) and cook on low 4-5 hours, basting once or twice during the last hour.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Reserve the juices to make gravy, or use as an au jus.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Leave a Reply