This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These juicy Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers are full of big Buffalo flavors but are healthy and delicious. Serve them alone for a tasty gluten-free meal or eat them on a keto hamburger bun for a low carb treat everyone will love!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
This Keto Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe came together after I had been keto for a few weeks and was missing going to Buffalo Wild Wings for wings, burgers, and beer. It made me use my noggin to come up with something that would satisfy those cravings without blowing my carbs for the day.
This leads me to the first question.
Are Buffalo Chicken Wings Keto?
To answer the question, it depends on the Buffalo wing because not all Buffalo wings are created equal.
Most of us are used to the traditional wing which is battered, fried, and coated in Buffalo sauce. Plus they are usually fried in some kind of vegetable oil.
So no, those Buffalo wings are definitely not keto. Between the carbs from the coating, possible carbs in the Buffalo sauce, and the use of vegetable oil for frying, these Buffalo wings would not be on a keto menu. A breaded and fried chicken wing contains a little over 3 net carbs per wing!
I don't know about you but I can put down some chicken wings so that number would add up fast!
But the thing is that chicken wings are actually a great keto menu item, you just have to do them right.
No breading, keto-friendly Buffalo sauce, and fried in the correct oil.
BOOM - totally keto!
Can I eat burgers on the Keto Diet?
OK, at this point we of course know that the number 1 reason a burger isn't keto-approved is because of the bun. But there can be little hidden things that will pump that carb count up too.
Add-ins that would sneak a few carbs in here and there. And I have to admit that the addition of shredded carrots and celery in these burgers does add a few carbs, so feel free to omit them. But, I really wanted to capture the whole feel of Buffalo wings so I decided to add just a smidge to really give them that taste.
Sauces can also pile up the carbs if you are not careful. Sugar is one of those ingredients that it seems almost everything has to pump up the "taste".
Don't get me started on how much this irks me!
So that just means that you have to be uber-careful when you eat out. Ask them for the nutritional info on everything in the dish.
Yes, it can be a pain but if you keto and are trying not to get bumped out of ketosis it is important.
- Are Buffalo Chicken Wings Keto?
- Can I eat burgers on the Keto Diet?
- 🥘Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers Ingredients
- 🔪Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers Instructions
- 💭Top tip
- FAQ about Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- More Keto & Low Carb Burger Recipes
- What to serve with Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Food safety
🥘Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
- Ground chicken - If you can find ground dark meat chicken use that, if not try to find a mix of white and dark.
- Buffalo hot sauce - you want to make sure that you use a Buffalo wing sauce that does not have added sugar.
- Pork rinds - I use ground pork rinds as a binder in this recipe. Pork rinds add zero carbs and you do NOT taste them.
- Blue Cheese Sauce - I use my homemade Blue Cheese Sauce so I can control the flavor and what is in it.
- Keto Buns - If you are using a bun try these homemade keto buns. These are my favorite commercially made keto buns. They have ZERO carbs and great texture. For a gluten-free option, you could use these keto rolls.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Gently combine the burger ingredients in a large bowl, be careful not to over-mix.
Once combined, cover the bowl and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or overnight.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator, divide the meat into 4 parts, and form the patties.
Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Hint: use an internal thermometer on the burgers to make sure they reach 165 degrees F but don't overcook.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
You will need a large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and a grill pan for indoor cooking, or a gas or charcoal grill for outdoor cooking,
Store any leftover Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers in an airtight container without the bun, for up to 4 days.
You can freeze the leftover burger patties for up to 3 months.
To ensure juicy burgers use ground dark meat chicken, or a mix of white and dark meat, and cook them only to 165 degrees F.
FAQ about Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Yes, you can prepare the burgers ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze them. Simply thaw and cook when ready to eat.
Yes, almond flour can be used as a binder, but it will add more carbs to the recipe.
Yes, you can make Buffalo Chicken Burgers without a grill. You can cook them in a skillet or in the oven.
To cook on a skillet: Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the burgers in the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
To cook in the oven: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the burgers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
Just make sure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F before consuming it to ensure that it is fully cooked.
Leftover Keto Buffalo Chicken Burger patties should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
Alternatively, you can also freeze them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw the burgers in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or on a skillet until warmed through.
More Keto & Low Carb Burger Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Banh Mi Burgers
- Keto Greek Burgers
- Deluxe Cheeseburger Kabobs
- Keto Burger In-N-Out Style
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger
- Brie and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Burgers
What to serve with Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
These are my favorite dishes to serve with these burgers:
- The BEST Keto French Fries
- Deviled Egg Cauliflower Salad
- Loaded Broccoli Salad
- Dill Pickle Coleslaw
- Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Creamy Low Carb Cucumber Salad
Keto Buffalo Chicken Burgers
For the burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup keto friendly Buffalo hot sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sgredded celery
- 1 tsp organic onion powder
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 cup ground pork rinds (can use keto breadcrumbs)
- 4 keto hamburger buns
- baby greens
- blue cheese sauce
- Gently combine the burger ingredients in a large bowl, be careful not to over-mix. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat your grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat. Brush the grill with olive or avocado oil to prevent the burgers from sticking.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator, divide the meat into 4 parts and form the patties.
- Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Serve the burgers on the keto buns, with the baby greens and blue cheese sauce.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Leave a Reply